Gotta Be Me
I’m trying my hardest not to lose who I am since I became a Mom. Yes, my priorities have changed and Joslyn comes first but I don’t want to the lose the person I am just because I became a Mom. I want to set an example for Joslyn and show her that you should never lose who you are. I don’t want to give up my interests, my friends or my relationship with my husband. I can be a better mother to her by being a whole person. Some days are easier than others. Some days it’s all I can do to keep myself from going crazy and I have no time for what I love, well besides my beautiful daughter of course. But then there are days like yesterday, when I can sit on the couch for an hour and get absorbed in my book, eat dinner with my husband without a baby in my lap and cuddle up on the couch to watch Top Chef. Or I can spend an hour shopping, picking out clothes just for me (well a couple things for her :-)). Or sit in a massage chair and get my toes painted. I can feel like the person I was before Joslyn got here. And it feels so nice. Joslyn has made my life better, and made me a better person, but I’m still Janelle....I’m not just Joslyn’s Mom. I don’t want to forget that. I want to show my daughter that you can do everything. You can have your passions and interests and still be an amazing Mom and wife. It’s an ongoing process but as long as I’m trying, I’m happy.
Come Fly With Me
I booked Joslyn’s first flight! We’re going to San Jose to celebrate my Mom’s 60th birthday at the end of September and see family. Everyone is anxious to meet her so I decided to take a girls only trip. Yes, John’s staying home and I’m taking her on a flight by myself! I wasn’t sure I could do it but a quick pep talk and some valuable information from Carm and I figured I might as well try it. Joslyn has to get used to flying. I’m also kind of excited that she’s flying so early. I didn’t fly until I was 13 and my Mom was 17 or 18. We’re going to start Joslyn early and she’ll be an expert flyer, and not be scared of flying like her Daddy :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment