The big news of the month....Joslyn is officially potty trained!!! Day and night! I'm so proud of her. After a very exhausting and trying 3 days of potty training house arrest, it finally clicked for her and she's been doing awesome. Night training has actually been the easiest part of the process. She hasn't had a single accident at night or during naptime. I had a big plan to do the potty training in one day technique but no amount of bribing her with special drinks and as many chips as she could eat would get her to go on the potty every 20 minutes. After one day, I learned that my kid will hold her pee forever. I'm talking she will only go maybe 2 or 3 times a day so I had to reevaluate my plan. We spent 2 days sitting on the potty while she played with my phone only to have her get up and pee on the floor 5 minutes later. I wanted to give up and just bring out the diapers again but after one weak moment of giving in after she demanded a diaper and immediately pooped in it, I told her the diapers were gone and it was underwear all the time from here on out. John finally got her to go pee on the potty on day 2 after 30 minutes of sitting there and playing games on his phone and after our excitement, clapping, cheering and a candy treat she decided going on the potty wasn't so bad. She does have the occasional accident if she gets distracted playing but the last week she has been telling me when she needs to go and has been accident free, even on trips out of the house. It was worth all the frustration the day I got to pack up all her cloth diapers! We are no longer doing candy rewards (we stopped after the first week) and she doesn't even ask to put a sticker on her chart anymore. She knows that going on the potty is what she's supposed to do and is so proud that she's a big girl in big girl underwear!
We spent a lot of time hanging out on the tile floor or on the extra waterproof mattress pad that I laid down on the carpet.
So proud that she got a sucker and a sticker on her chart!
Goodbye cloth diapers! All packed up and waiting for the next baby.
Her reward for filling up her sticker chart was a trip to the mall :)
Other exciting things this month...
Me: Jos, Abby can't play soccer.
Jos: Yeah she can. She has legs.
Vivienne's birthday tea!
We went to a toddler class at the OC Zoo. Jos loved it, crafts and up close interaction with the zoo animals! I already planned a special class with them just for our MOMS Club :)
Her 1st movie, Monsters University! She did great and sat there the whole time. I think the popcorn helped :)
It was time for another trim. But she still has some baby blonde left!
I planned an Adventure Day with our MOMS Club to explore the tide pools at Little Corona Beach.
They jumped waves for about 30 minutes.
She's getting really good and swinging all by herself!
Reward trip to the mall with her friend Charlotte.
Monday, August 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment