Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Jack at 12 Months

- 1 year check up: 22lbs 14oz (75%), 29” (18%), got MMR
- love it because he will eat whatever I cook for dinner! No more making baby food!
- chewing on his crib rail, gah! I noticed a fleck of paint on his lip and looked and there were teeth marks all across the rail. I ordered some guard rails to hopefully keep him from doing more damage!
- also caught him chewing on the TV stand. He’s like a little goat chewing on everything! Bites our shoulders too and when I pull him off and say “no!” he smiles at me. He is trouble!
- got another tooth and I didn’t even realize it until it already popped through (5 teeth)
- stands for a few seconds at a time by himself
- he waves at everyone and says “hi”. It’s adorable!
- loves meat. He’s a little carnivore.
- took away the nursing session first thing in the morning and he didn’t protest but now he wants his breakfast as soon as he wakes up.
- finally sleeping through the night on a regular basis!! Wakes up early, between 5-6am. If he does wake up at night, I try to let him soothe himself or go in there and pat his back. I don’t nurse him in the middle of the night.
- doesn’t want anything to do with cow’s milk. He does great with the straw cup but spits out the milk as soon as he gets it in his mouth. I kept trying for over a week and it didn’t get better so I tried almond milk. He seems to like that a little more, not as much spitting.
- wants to have a fork or spoon when eating
- loves giving high fives
- dances to music
- started building with his Mega Bloks instead of just throwing them. He claps and screams every time he puts one on.
- took away all nursing during the day and the transition was really smooth! Naps have been fine without nursing but I do need to rock him to sleep before. I also started reading him a book before naps.
- he will finally sit still long enough for me to read him a *short* book. Likes the books with flaps he can lift.
- he thinks if he puts his head down, you can’t see him. He’ll do it if I catch him doing something wrong and tell him “no”.
- constantly babbling. He will point at something and then babble on and on like he has something really important to tell us. We just can’t understand what he’s saying!
- got one more tooth up top, now has 6!

The last monthly picture!

Ready to fix something with his tools.

We got him a water table with birthday money. He loves it!




Bath fun with sister.



Riding his horse from Nenna!

His 1st birthday button at Disneyland!

Waving hi to Walt!


Ready for his check up!

He loves laying on the Mickey couch.

He was very happy he figured out how to hit the balls through to make music.

Trying out his slide from Ga!

He wanted to climb up it.

Hanging out in his ball pit from Uncle D.

Yup, he loves water.

Milk stinks but ice cream is awesome!



Finally got him to drink almond milk!



You can't see me!


He had fun playing in the sand at the beach, only tried to eat a little bit ;)

Showing off his standing skills.




Free samples at Trader Joe's are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment