Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Joslyn at 2 months

- Dr. appointment- 10lbs 10oz, 21 inches long, 50th percentile for weight and head, 10% for height. Got her first set of vaccinations, polio, DTaP and rotavirus. No bad reactions besides a little fussiness after
- placed her in her crib and she LOVES her mobile. Now I have another place to put her when I need my hands free.
- can't stop putting her hands in her mouth, not her thumb her whole hand. Also likes putting her burp cloth and bib in her mouth
- talking and smiling a lot more
- loves sitting up like a big girl. She'll be fussing and I'll sit her up on my lap and she calms down. Has a lot of neck strength already.
- put her in her high chair because I wanted to eat dinner without her in my arms and she loved it
- loves being naked
- loves staring at the ceiling fan
- loves shadows so much that sometimes I have a hard time getting her to go to sleep. I'll be rocking her to sleep and she just stares at the shadows on the wall
- wearing 0-3 months
- always smiles at me when I get her up the morning. It's my favorite time of the day
- when she's fussy, she wants to be held all the time
- likes leaning against the boppy and sitting on the couch
- trying to get her to go to bed earlier but she's a night owl, doesn't want to go to sleep for good until 10 or 11. At least it's not 2a anymore!
- sing her hush little baby when I'm putting her to sleep. I read that you should say or sing the same thing every time you are putting the baby to sleep to let them know it's sleep time. It seems to be working.
- only waking up once a night to eat and I can usually get her back to sleep in half an hour. If she does wake up more, I can usually rock the bassinet and get her back to sleep without getting up
- grabs my shirt and hair
- lifting her head up a lot higher during tummy time
- likes the Bumbo but spits up every time I put her in it
- rolled to her side twice but not rolling over completely yet
- noticing the turtle now on her play mat...but still loves Mr. Octopus more
- getting more hair on top and it's getting darker
- 4 days in a row she's slept for 7 hours or more, one night 10!
- doesn't want to take a early evening nap anymore but usually takes a 1-2 hour one in the morning and afternoon
- loves looking at the TV and computer screens

Since she loves Mr. Octopus on her play mat, John found a Mrs. Octopus online and she loved staring at it and kept trying to copy the image, lol.


Hanging out in her crib


Wearing her first Giants shirt. My daughter is bored by baseball just like me :-)


Doing her model pose...I love her long eyelashes!


HHands in her mouth, her favorite thing to do!




Uncle Eric came for a visit!


And she sat in her highchair for the first time






I heart this play mat and so does she!


Hanging out with Uncle Eric


Loving naked time!


Thinking about rolling over


First day at the park!




My little couch potato


Reading our first book, Goodnight Cape Cod


No comments:

Post a Comment