Pros of Going Back to Work:
1. I can get dressed, do my hair and put on makeup every day. Many may be wondering why this is a plus. But after months of bed rest and being home with Joslyn, I actually miss getting ready every day. No more sweats....and I love sweats!
2. I can wear cute shoes! The last month of pregnancy none of my shoes fit because of the swelling. I could only wear my flip flops and I’ve worn them every day since. I can’t wait to wear heels again! But John said I have to bring flip flops in the car to change into when I pick up Joslyn from daycare. He knows I’m a klutz.
3. I can email my BFF every day! We used to email every day...lately I manage maybe one email a week. I miss so much gossip :-)
4. 8 hours free of baby crying!
5. I can eat lunch at a normal time every day...and read a book while eating it. I miss books and I like food.
6. I can go to the grocery store at lunch, and run other errands, without worrying about bringing Joslyn with me.
7. Adult conversation!
8. I can read my gossip sites every day. I miss Perez Hilton and Pink is the New Blog.
9. I miss my Fox co-workers.
10. I get breaks every two hours to pump, woo hoo!
11. Pedicures at lunch at my favorite nail place near work. I should cut back though since daycare is costing us almost half my paycheck. But I think we can budget one every other month, or once a month :-)
12. Affordable health care. We checked what medical insurance would be through John's work and it was outrageous! Made me that much more appreciative of how affordable my health care is through work.
13. I don't have to spend almost an entire day trying to get a baby to sleep.
Of course, I would trade all of that to spend every day with my adorable baby girl.
But she'll be fine and I'll be fine...we'll both get used to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment