Monday, October 1, 2012

Another Spooktacular Craft

I bought the materials to make a holiday chair cover for Jos a few weeks ago and tonight I finally completed it! I'm still new to sewing so every time I create something that looks like the picture, I feel very proud.  And this project come out so cute and could not have been any easier to make!  I followed the directions exactly from the tutorial but decided to only cut out the bats and then I also cut out some pumpkins with orange felt.  I didn't buy any repositionable glue yet so I still need to adhere the felt some way to the cover but I want Jos to be able to play with them if she wants.  Has anyone used repositionable glue before? Does it leave a residue?



I can't wait to make the cut outs for other holidays!  I decided to do a tree for Christmas so Jos could decorate it with felt ornaments. I'm debating adding her name to the bottom too.  The great thing is it's so easy to change up!

The weather is still hot (high 90's tomorrow!) so I thought I'd force a little fall into our house with Halloween decorations since Mother Nature is not helping.  I put the mummy jars I made on our mantle, and you can see the cardboard tree I found at The Dollar Tree behind them. I also picked up some black cheesecloth today and draped it over the mantle.



I found the Boo sign in the $1 at Target. I had to get it because that what I call Jos. I started calling her "boo boo" when she was born without even realizing it and it stuck.  I love the look of glitter but hate the mess, it gets everywhere!, but I read on Pinterest that you should mod podge over the glitter to keep it on so I applied a couple layers on top.  I just need some pumpkins from the local pumpkin patch (I have another craft plan for those!) and my mantle will be complete!


This is my favorite new Halloween decoration, a Deadly Diner sign in the kitchen.  From The Dollar Tree too!

And the entryway.  The Laboratory sign used to hang at my desk at Fox but now it has a new home :) I got the black and orange flowers at Hobby Lobby today. 

I have a few more decorations that I want to make and I still need to set up the outside of the house but I'm loving the way our Halloween decorations are coming together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment