Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fall Fun with Ga

*Ga is my mom. Jos could never quite say grandma so she always called my mom Ga and now it's stuck.  John's mom is Ga Ga.  When Jos was born, the moms were so worried she would be confused since they both wanted to be called grandma but she ended up creating her own names for them :)

My mom came to visit this past weekend and like every visit, we fit a lot of fun in 3 days.  On Friday, we headed to Tanaka Farms to pick some pumpkins!  We had been there before to get our Christmas tree but hadn't been there for pumpkins.  I'm still amazed that a family run farm is so close to our house!





 We had to pose in the cut outs.

Jos saw the Sponge Bob one up on the hill and asked to go take a picture with him.

 We took a tractor rid.
 I loved the sticker she got for the tractor ride. It says "Farmer in Training".
 We also went through the corn maze, and made it out!


After our pumpkin picking, I was looking for a place to eat lunch close by and discovered El Cholo! There is one near USC and it was THE place my brothers went after baseball games.  It was great to discover one close by.  Looks like we found our mexican food restaurant! Jos was a big fan of the kids meal because it came with a popsicle.
On Saturday, Uncle D came over for breakfast and then later that afternoon we headed to the Autumn Harvest Festival in Lake Forest.  I'm continually reminded about how awesome our city of Lake Forest is! You have the comforts of big city living with a small town feel.  I just love it.  The city puts on such great events and this was another one.  There were games (the tickets for the games were very reasonable!) and trick or treating throughout the park.  We all had a really great time!  And Ga got to see Jos in the Alice costume that she worked so hard on!
 She could not get enough of the games.
 The duck one was her favorite. She played it 4 times.


 John and I loved the Princess Bride Fire Swamp.
 I took a picture with Buttercup and Wesley!


 She got a balloon Alice!

 And took a picture with Cinderella :)


 The Indiana Jones could really use a whip! It was impressive.

On Sunday my mom and I did a little shopping at Jo-Ann's while Jos napped and then after she got up, we did our October handprint craft, a spider!


That night, John and I took advantage of having a babysitter and went on a date!  We also let Ga put Jos to bed that night.  It was the first time someone other than John or I put her to bed so we didn't know how she would do....but she went to bed without complaint and didn't make a peep!  In the morning, it was time to take Ga to the airport.  Jos understands more that she's leaving so it makes goodbyes harder but we both let her know that Ga would be back before she knew it. We will see her again in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment