Friday, December 6, 2013

Thankful for a Family-Filled Thanksgiving!

For the first year ever, we hosted Thanksgiving at our house! My mom and brother Brian decided to drive down to OC to spend the holiday with us and I couldn't have been happier about it! It was so nice to have our house filled with family and be able to cook a Thanksgiving meal alongside my mom.  I learned how much time my mom spends making my Avo's stuffing. I love that stuffing but I'm not sure I can continue the tradition. It's a lot of work!  We don't really know how to make a meal for a small group so there were tons of leftovers but everything was delicious!

Jos helped Ga make pies the night before Thanksgiving.

She's getting really good at cracking eggs.


My brother Darin and his girlfriend spent the day with us before having dinner with her family.  He spent some time playing with the dollhouse that he built.

John and Jos have matching cheesy smiles.

The uncles have completed their USC brainwashing.  Jos knows how to show her Trojan spirit.

So thankful for my family!

I love having an excuse to bring out my china :)




Jos still isn't a big fan of the Thanksgiving meal. She ate the marshmallows off the sweet potatoes and the canned cranberry sauce.

She did LOVE the pumpkin pie!

On Friday, I put my brothers and John to work rearranging furniture. We had to make room in Joslyn's room for her new big girl bed, an early Christmas gift from Ga, and move the furniture in our master bedroom to make room for baby Jack's nursery.  Jos loves her new big girl bed and now that everything is arranged, I can't wait to start decorating Jack's nursery wall!



John had a special surprise for her...a Mario blanket for her new bed!




While the men were moving furniture, Jos and Ga got started putting together a gingerbread village.




After the frosting had time to set, they got started decorating the houses.



Even John got involved and decorated one of them.


The completed village!

On Saturday, Jos, my mom and I headed to USC to meet up with Darin and Brian for the football tailgate.


She loves the band!

My mom and Brian drove back home early Sunday morning.  Jos helped me start decorating the house for Christmas and then we went to get our tree!


Mickey helped us pick one out.



She kept asking us all day to set up the train.

John has passed on his love of egg nog to her.


The perfect end to a great long weekend with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment