Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Our Growing Girl

Joslyn is a big sister!!  People warned me that as soon as Jack came along, Jos would look even older to me and it's true.  I keep looking at her and thinking "where did my baby go?".  She looks so grown up to me now.  I always thought I wanted my children closer in age but I'm so happy it didn't work out that way. Jos is at the perfect age to be an amazing big sister.  From the moment Jack got here, she loved him and had no jealously towards him. I was worried that she would be jealous since I have to spend so much time with him but she hasn't shown any signs of that.  She is constantly asking to hold him and kiss him and telling us "he's looking at me!" in those rare moments when he's awake.  She has also mastered the art of shushing and quiets him down when he's upset during diaper changes.  It's so sweet to see the bond they are forming already.  We did have some adjustment though.  The hardest thing has been bedtime.  The first few days were rough but it's gradually getting better. I always climbed into bed with Jos to read her a book and sing her a song before bed but because of my surgery, I couldn't do it.  One night she screamed mommy over and over again and it killed me to be causing her to be upset.  But each night gets better, especially now that I can put her to bed some nights when Jack is asleep, and really if that's the only growing pains we are having after her entire world changed, I think we are pretty lucky.  She continues to amaze me about how adaptable she is to life's changes. I can learn something from her!

She went rock climbing for the first time.

Mall date with my girl.  I soaked up every minute we had left with just the two of us.

My little athlete


"We need to buy this for Jack!"

I decided to let my Disneyland pass expire and wait until Jack is a little older to renew.  Jos still has her pass and will go on special Ga and Jos dates.  We went to Disneyland one last time and went to a sing along of Aladdin!



Wrapping a present for her brother.

Her big sister gift! I LOVE the way the book came out and Jos loves reading it.

We took Jos to see the LEGO movie for one last outing as a family of 3.

She asked me to give her Elsa hair.  Good to know I still have my French braiding skills.




Helping Ga make suckers for her class to celebrate the arrival of her baby brother!


A little hallway hockey with Uncle D.

John took her on a Daddy/Jos date to the toy store the day before Jack was born.  They found this cool Mario car :)

Proud big sister!

The way she looks at him melts me every time!

Reading a book as a family.

Helping Uncle D repair her dollhouse.

I try to carve out time for her when Jack is sleeping.  We had a picnic in the hallway.






Jack is so very lucky to have her as a big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment