Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Joslyn's Birthday Letter

To my baby girl on her 4th birthday,
At 6:56pm on June 10th, 2010, you came into my life and changed it forever. You woke up on the morning on your birthday and said "I can't believe I'm 4!" and I can't believe it either. It seems like just yesterday the nurses were putting you in my arms for the first time.  This year you started preschool and became a big sister. Both huge, life-changing moments and you took them both in stride. That first day of school you walked right in without a glance back at me. You have learned so much in the months since you started school.  You are working on writing your name and you love spelling it out to anyone that will listen. Your ability to take on new situations with a smile and confidence amazes me every time because it's something I had to work on, something I'm still working on.  You have so much enthusiasm for everything life has to offer and you inspire me to look at the world in a new way.  Please try to never lose that.  We welcomed your baby brother this year and you have happily taken on the role of big sister.  You are so sweet to him and loved him from the first moment you saw him.  I don't know why but as soon as he was born, you looked so grown up to me. You are constantly telling me "I'm not a baby! I'm a big girl!" but like I tell you every time you say that, you will always be my baby no matter how big you get.  You challenged me a lot this year with your constant need for independence and your stubbornness. You will not back down when you think you're right and even though it makes my life difficult, I know that attitude will serve you well later in life.  You are constantly talking and asking questions, some that I have to think very hard about how to answer, and you have so much curiosity for the world around you.  Your impromptu dance routines make me smile and I love when you ask me to turn the radio up so you can sing along.  You make me laugh every single day and I feel so very lucky to be your mommy.  Happy birthday beautiful girl.

Love,
Mommy
(June 10, 2014)


No comments:

Post a Comment