My friend used the material from her wedding dress to make a baptism outfit for her son and I thought it was a wonderful idea. I convinced my mom that she could make a baptism vest for Jack out of my dress so when she visited one weekend we got out my wedding dress (after being kept in a bag in the closet for 8 years!) and she got to work cutting out the pattern. Before she made the first cut, I got an urgent all caps text from my friend Carm telling me to take a picture of Jos in my dress before it was cut. It took a ring pop bribe but I got her to pose for a picture and I'm so glad I did it. I could never imagine Jos actually wanting to wear my dress on her wedding day but I can show her what she looked like as a little girl wearing it when that day comes.
I thought I would cringe when my mom cut into my dress but I love that it's being made into something special for Jack instead of just hanging in a closet.
I still have the entire bodice and a lot of the skirt and my mom brought up the idea of using it to make Jos a first communion dress. That way she'll have something special made out of it too.
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment