Saturday, September 5, 2015

Kindergarten, Here She Comes!

My baby started kindergarten this week! I can't believe it.  It seems like just yesterday she was born and now she's 5 and off to kindergarten, the beginning of her school career. She will be in school 5 days a week for at least the next 13 years. It's crazy!  All summer people would ask if I was nervous about her starting kindergarten and I would reply, "no, I'm not worried about Joslyn at all" and it's true. I didn't have any worries about her starting at a new school. I know Joslyn and I know she will take on any new challenge with a smile and she did! She was so excited that first day and the only complaint I heard her entire first week is that she wished she didn't have to go to school every day (which I totally understand!). I look forward to all that she will learn this year and if there are challenges or problems, we will deal with them together. Have the best year baby girl!


Class of 2028!

Lining up to go into class!

Jack wanted to join her ;)

She looked so much smaller than the other girls!  That's her teacher in the floral dress in the back.  I think they will get along great. She was wearing pink glitter nail polish and told us she has a Disneyland pass too!

Her friends Viv and Gabby are in another class but I love that she has a lot of familiar faces at the same school!

We celebrated the first day of school with a trip to Disneyland, of course!

 We went on Splash Mountain!

Watching the Pixar Parade

 

Jos finally reached 42"! A 5 minute wait for Grizzly River Run meant we had to do one last ride...and we got soaked!



On the 3rd day of school, Jos insisted on using the drop off lane. The parents drive through, drop the kids off and they walk to class by themselves. I was shocked she felt comfortable enough to do it so soon but I should never underestimate my independent girl!

Her teacher uses this great app called ClassDojo to keep parents updated on their child's progress in class.  Jos got to design her own avatar and she asks me to check the app when she gets home every day.  I even got a special treat on Friday when her teacher sent me a picture of Jos enjoying herself at recess!

The first week came to end and Jos did great! A 100% for the whole week. So proud of my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment