Well my BP was high again at the Dr.'s office so the nurse called the Dr. (she was at her other office today) and she wanted me to go to the hospital to get checked out. This time I was just annoyed because I knew I would go there and everything would be fine. But got to follow Dr.'s orders. I understand she's just being cautious. John and I drove over to Little Company....L&D has become our second home. When I got there, the nurse asked me what my BP was at the office and I said "144/88" and she said, "well that's not really high but we'll check you out anyway". She asked me all the same questions, any headaches, swelling, contractions....no, no, no. In fact, my feet have never looked better. I can actually see my ankle bones again! She strapped on the heart monitor and put on the blood pressure cuff and all looked fine. My BP actually went lower and lower during the time I was there. No protein in my urine either. I swear it's just the Dr.'s office that makes me nervous! I guess it's a good thing that I'm so comfortable at the hospital :-) The nurse called my Dr. to give her the report and she said I was free to go home and gave me all the same instructions, still on bed rest. But the good news is she scheduled my c-section for June 11th! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30a and the surgery is scheduled for 7:30a. Of course, Baby Z could have other plans and I could go into labor before then, and Baby Z may flip (although chances are slim), but since I haven't had any contractions or signs of labor I don't think that will happen. So Baby Z's birthday will be June 11th! I like it because it's 2 days apart from John's, just like my Dad and I. And my MIL pointed out that my BIL's birthday is April 11th and my niece's birthday is May 11th! I think that's a good sign! I can't believe Baby Z will be here a week from Friday!!!!
BTW, I'm writing a call list for John so he can send out the birth text when Baby Z gets here. If you want to be included, send me an email with your cell number.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment