Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. I would rather just skip over it and go right to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I do like handing out candy but I've never been that into dressing up. But things change when you have a child. It was Joslyn's first Halloween so we had to capture all those first moments. Grandma Sue visited one weekend in October so we went to the pumpkin patch while she was here. I had to find a cool pumpkin patch to go to. John thought we should just go to a garden center since Joslyn doesn't know what is going on but I explained it's all about the pictures! And of course we had to dress her up in an adorable costume on Halloween. My brother Darin suggested she be Lisa Simpson and then I thought she would be a better Maggie Simpson since she loves her pacifier. Of course, John loved the idea. We are both huge Simpsons fans. And baby costumes are really for the parents, right? I found someone on etsy to make a hat of Maggie hair (the seller actually wants to use her picture for a future listing because she looked so cute in it!), my Mom made the blue sack and I covered one of her pacifiers in red felt. She's too young to go trick or treating but we had fun dressing her up anyway and posing her for pictures. I may be biased but I think she's the most adorable Maggie Simpson I've ever seen and she had the coolest first Halloween costume ever! Now the hard part, topping it next year! I have seen a couple pictures of Rainbow Brite costumes and I think that may have to be next year's costume :-)
First trip to a pumpkin patch!

Looking at the ponies...maybe next year she can ride one!

Love this picture of her and Grandma Sue
Family picture
Uncle Brian said we had to take a picture of her next to a pumpkin that was bigger than her. But by this point, she was over it and wanted to go home and take a nap. This was right before she made her pouty face, lol.
Check out her face..."enough with the pictures".
Grandma Sue bought her a Halloween outfit!
Love this face!

My favorite Halloween decoration, Marcus the Carcass!
Our pumpkins. I like that there is a big one for Daddy, a smaller one for Mommy and a tiny one for Joslyn :-)
Our little Maggie Simpson!!
Her uncles came over to see her in her costume.

How awesome is this hat?! She didn't mind wearing it at all. I think it's going to be her winter hat :-)
Next up, Joslyn's first Thanksgiving and Christmas! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment