Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Change 3 Things Challenge


When I got an email urging me to be a part of the "Change 3 Things" challenge, I quickly "liked" the Facebook page and shared a link on my wall.  I love our cloth so this was an easy challenge for me to take on but I would be extremely happy if I could convince just one person to join the challenge with me!  The challenge is to change 3 cloth diapers a day, that's it.  Only 3 diapers a day can make a huge impact.  I promise you if you start by changing 3 diapers a day, you will be a cloth convert in no time! If you get one (or two) Flip cover and a dozen affordable birdseye flats that's all you need to take on the challenge.  You can also check out my post on cloth diapers if you want more suggestions on cloth diapers to buy.  You don't have to invest that much money to try out cloth!  And with Earth Day coming up it's the perfect time to give cloth diapers a try!  I worried when I decided to cloth diaper that I wouldn't be able to stick with it but I've been cloth diapering Joslyn for 8 months now (we started when she was 1 month) and I would not have it any other way.  Our cloth diapers are not only better for the environment but they're adorable, save us money and Joslyn's butt has been rash free since we started cloth.  If she does have a little redness, it's gone the next day. I can't tell you how many awful diaper rashes we battled when she was in disposables.  As parents, we try to make the best decisions for our children and I do not regret for a second our decision to cloth diaper.  So are any of my Mommy followers willing to take on the challenge?!

I love my cloth diapers!
Sorry but you can't get a
Christmas-themed sposie!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm in on the challenge! I'm not sure day care will use them, but for as long as I'm home with the baby, I'm giving it a try. I already have several dipes picked out that I want to try...just waiting for my exam to be over to go shopping for them! 2 more weeks :) I found a local shop that sells several brands, so I'll be able to view them in person. Your CD posts were so helpful, so thanks =)
    I'm going to show my husband a link I found for a diy diaper sprayer and see what he can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! How does Bran feel about using cloth? John was all for it, mostly for the money we would save, lol. That's great you have a shop near you to check them out! I suggest buying a couple different ones to see what works best on her. Every baby is different so trying a few different ones lets you see what works best before buying your whole stash. And no harm in asking daycare! You can bring them in and show them how easy they are to use. Pocket diapers are like disposables and so easy to use! I give daycare a large wet bag with clean diapers in the front pocket and they put the dirties in there and at the end of the day, I pick it up and refill for the next day. It's easy peasy! I don't even make them deal with the poop. I just dump the poop in the toilet when I get home. Now that she's eating solids, it's easy to remove. I never got a diaper sprayer and I don't see why you really need it. It's more nice to have than need.

    Let me know if you have any questions! I would love to add one more to my convert list :-)

    ReplyDelete