Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Joslyn's 1st Birthday Dress!

My BFF's friend's Mom (follow that? lol!) has an Etsy shop and created a dress for her granddaughter's 2nd birthday that's exactly what I had in mind for Joslyn's 1st birthday dress! She attaches fabric to the bottom of a onesie and cuts out items from the fabric and applies it to the onesie. Here's the Elmo one she made for her granddaughter.  Joslyn's will be a short sleeve and I asked her to leave out the lace on the collar and sleeves because it's too fussy for me. 

I contacted her on Etsy, told her my idea and she started searching for fabrics with an ocean theme. She sent me 3 choices and I need some help deciding!
This is my favorite right now...because it has an Octopus on it.
I like this one too
 This is out of the running. I like mermaids but her birthday
theme is more ocean than mermaids.
Thoughts?!

2 comments:

  1. I like the first one a lot, but i think those octopi will be really difficult for her to cut out and add as decals on the body. The 2nd choice would look the prettiest as the skirt I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 2nd choice would be the prettiest skirt too. But I love the octopi in the 1st one since that's how we came up with her party theme. Hmm, hard decision! I went to JoAnn's at lunch and didn't see any ocean themed fabrics so I'm surprised she found me 3 choices!

    ReplyDelete