Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Fun in San Jose

Our Halloween fun started a week early with a girls only trip to San Jose.  We always fit a lot into our trips to San Jose and this one was no different! We flew in Friday morning, Joslyn took a nap when we got to Grandma Sue's house and then we went to a really great pumpkin patch at Uesugi Farms.  We rode the train, went on the merry go round and picked out pumpkins for Uncle Brian's house.  Joslyn enjoyed herself except for on the merry go round.  Well she enjoyed herself for certain moments and then wanted to get the hell off the next. 

Before we left for the pumpkin patch,
she had lunch including her favorite thing, sweet bread!
Heading to the pumpkin patch!
The headband only stayed on for this picture and then she took it off.
We drove through a corn maze to get to the parking lot.
Hmm, this place looks interesting.
Choo choo!
Howdy!
Walking around with Uncle Brian
Posing with Uncle Brian and Grandma Sue
Uncle Brian gave her a ride of his shoulders.
I like the view up here.
Not sure about the merry go round.
Helping Uncle Brian pick out a pumpkin.
I'm going to need a bribe to sit here for pictures.
Ok, I got my snack cup.  Take all the pictures you want!
Ahhh, so many pumpkins!
This one is almost as big as me!
Having way too much fun with Nenna during dinner.
Grandma Sue bought her a shark towel for baths in San Jose.
On Saturday, we got in our costumes and headed to Aliyah's 2nd birthday party!  I couldn't wait to see Joslyn in her Rainbow Brite costume that Grandma Sue worked so hard on. It came out even better than I could have imagined! And I thought my Jem costume came out pretty great too!  It was a fun party and great to see family. 
My Mom hard at work on Joslyn's costume.  (I had to post the in progress shots!)
Jem and Rainbow Brite!
Joslyn took a little bit to get over her shyness
but then she was having fun with all the kids.
The birthday girl!
I was told there would be cake at this party.
Playing Peek a Boo Barn with Grandma Sue.
My costume was totally outrageous!
Before we headed to the airport on Sunday, we went to Uncle Brian's for breakfast and Joslyn enjoyed running around his backyard and playing with his croquet set. Soon it was time for us to leave and head back home but we had a really fun trip! 
Does anyone want to play croquet?

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I'm glad you had a great time and so sad we missed you! Hopefully we'll be healthy for your next visit!
    Love the headband btw...adorable! Hopefully she'll learn to keep it on! Lol!

    ReplyDelete