I made a set of Instagram coasters for myself a few months ago and thought they would be the perfect gift for John's Dad, the man responsible for Jos's obsession with always using a coaster for her drink :) I didn't have a lot of Instagram pictures with him so I also used just regular 4x6 prints and cut them down to size. I love how they came out! I also made a set for my uncle with pictures of our trips to Disneyland together.
Last year, we started a tradition of Jos making ornaments for the grandparents and uncles/aunts. Since I was kind of obsessed with handprint art this past year I of course had to find a handprint ornament.
![]() |
| That's a lot of ornaments, Mom. |
I made a chalkboard wine glasses and beer pilsners for my cousins. I just dipped the bottom of the wine glasses and pilsners in chalkboard paint and included a couple pieces of chalk too.
They were a hit!
Another yearly tradition for the grandparents is a calendar. I wanted to change it up this year and decided to make one that included a handprint/footprint art project for every month. I scanned all the handprint art Jos made this past year and used Snapfish to put the calendars together. I also added a picture of Jos from that month. LOVE how this came out!
This is a semi-DIY gift. I put a movie night package together for my niece. She loves anything to do with vampires so I thought it was only right to buy her a vampire movie from my time, Buffy the Vampire Slayer :) I also included a bag of popcorn and candy.
The biggest DIY gift was made by John, Jos's awesome dress up closet!
Next year I'll try to start even earlier with my DIY gifts and make more!







love the chalkboard glasses! so smart! maybe i'll pin them and you can become "pinterest famous" :)
ReplyDelete