Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Instagram Coasters

I love Instagram and I know I'm not alone in my love.  I love how the filters make an ordinary picture fun and the square format makes me happy.  I would love to carry my DSLR with my everywhere but when I'm at the park or running errands with Joslyn I don't want to bring a big camera with me but my phone is always there to capture those moments.  The problem is I take all these pictures with Instagram, some that I really really love, and then I don't do anything with them.  I have pinned countless ideas on Pinterest to turn my Instagram photos into something and I finally completed one of them!  First, I ordered some of my favorite pictures from PostalPix.  Then I had John pick up some white ceramic tiles on a recent trip to Home Depot.  The only other thing needed is some Mod Podge (I used matte) and some felt circles for the bottom of the tiles.  I adhered the pictures to the tiles with Mod Podge and then after that dried, applied two layers of Mod Podge on top to seal it.

In about an hour, this....

became this!  I love how they turned out!

Since it was so cheap to make them, I can change them out with new pictures when I get bored of these. I think they would make great gifts too.  I still have quite a few Instagram prints leftover so my next craft project is to make something like this so I can rotate out more recent pictures.


1 comment: