Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Day for Moms

In the morning Jos said, "Happy Mother's Day! Have to be nice to you today". That about sums up my day, everyone was nice to me and I got to do exactly what I wanted. It started on Friday with a night out with my friend Monica at Disneyland, then flowers from John (to be fair, he did make me mad and that's why I got flowers. But at least he knew to make up with flowers!) and shopping all by myself on Saturday (Hobby Lobby without a toddler is like a little piece of heaven) and a trip to the beach on Sunday.  It was a weekend filled with all MY favorite things and it was exactly what I needed.  The hardest thing about being a mom is feeling like you lose yourself. You try not to but something happens when you become a mom.  You always have to put someone else's needs first and since I've stayed home, that's become even more clear.  My entire day usually revolves around what Jos needs or wants.  I'm trying to carve out more moments for me and find out what makes me happy because I think every parent needs that balance. I want Jos to see that I can be a great mom and still follow my own passions too.  With all that said....I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to spend every day with Jos and being a mommy is the best job I've ever had, even if it comes with very little time off ;)

The happiest place on Earth is even happier with wine!
 We also went to a Mother's Day tea party at Pottery Barn Kids on Saturday.

They had a little craft to make your mom felt flowers. I, of course, ended up doing the craft while Jos ran around playing with her friends.


I finally got some time to play with my new Canon D60 camera that John got me a couple weeks ago as a combo Mother's Day and birthday gift :) We met up with Uncle D and Malia at the beach.

The men and kids worked very hard on building a sandcastle development.





Jos didn't stop going the entire day, running in and out of the water and digging in the sand. She loves the beach!

Jos had fun playing with Malia's niece and nephews.

"I making a sand angel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment