I think I had the idea of a ballerina party in my head as soon as Jos's 2nd birthday party was over, and I've probably been planning this party on Pinterest or in my head for a year. I put her in ballet class not only because she loves dancing and music but because I thought she had to at least have taken a ballet class if I'm going to plan an entire party around that theme :) Luckily she loves ballet class and any excuse to wear a tutu or a crown so I think she loved the theme just as much as me. It was a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends and Jos had a smile on her face the entire time!
Some of my favorite things:
- Pink tutus everywhere, one greeting you at the door, hanging from the entryway walls, around the dessert table, on the cupcake stand, on the cups, around centerpieces and on every little girl walking around the party. I had this vision when I started planning of a house full of little girls in tutus and that's exactly what I saw every time I looked around the party.
- FAMILY! Usually only a small amount of family makes the trip from Nor Cal for the party but this year that amount doubled! Our house was filled with family, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents...it was wonderful. Jos had so much fun getting to know her family, who she doesn't see nearly often enough so we have to make each moment count.
- Jos's birthday outfit! She looked so cute running around in her pink princess tutu and matching shoes. She kept twirling in it and lifting up her skirt, like she was curtsying. I love that the outfit made her feel special on her special day.
- Again, the photo booth pictures are some of my favorites. I love that, years later, we will remember exactly who was at her 3rd birthday party.
- Jos during the pinata. She had so much fun taking her swings and then cheered on each and every one of her friends as they hit it.
- Jos break dancing during a game of freeze dance. There are no words to possibly describe how cute it was to see her break dancing in her big pink tutu. Good thing I have pictures!
- The castle cake, the castle and ballet slipper cookies, the marshmallow wands, the pink cupcakes topped with ballet slipper rings and dancing ballerinas. I love dessert tables and what makes this one even more special is they were all lovingly made by my mom. Jos and I helped a little but the perfect frosting decorating was all her. I watched her frost Jos's cake and it brought back so many happy memories from my birthday parties and cakes that went perfectly with the party theme. I know I get my party planning gene from her :)
- Two words: PUPPET SHOW! As some of the guests started to leave, John got behind the puppet theater (a gift from Nenna that got played with a lot during the party!) and put on an impromptu show. It was hilarious and Jos loved it. I asked her the next day what her favorite part of the party was and she said "Puppet show! Daddy is funny". It was such a sweet moment that they shared together.
Our friend
Helen was out of town this year so I asked our friend Ben if he would take pictures for us. I need to know someone else is taking pictures or I'm never in any of them! He got some great pictures and I'm so thankful that he took them for us!
 |
| My mom frosting the castle cake. Jos loved it! |
 |
| We let her help with the marshmallow wands. |
After all the preparation it was finally party time!
 |
| Dress up area. |
 |
Sadly, the boys did not want to put on their capes.
But I think they liked the swords. |
 |
| The girls got dressed as they came in. |
 |
| Jos through the amazing dollhouse Uncle D built for her! |
I ended up renting a kid-size table and chairs and set the craft projects on it. The kids really enjoyed making paper dolls, even the boys!
 |
| We can't have a party without bubbles. |
 |
| Jos with cousin Lia and Kainoa! |
 |
| Finally got one of the boys to wear his cape! |
 |
| Same look on their faces, lol. |
 |
| Break dancing during freeze dance. |
 |
| Showing some moves she learned at ballet class :) |
 |
| Posing with her uncles! |
 |
| I couldn't throw these parties without my awesome kitchen helpers! |
 |
| Game face on for the pinata :) |
 |
| The kids loved the puppet theater. |
 |
| Waiting patiently for her cake! |
 |
| She loved her castle cake! |
Time for presents!
She got 4 different tutu outfits. She is going to be well dressed in dance class :)
 |
| Her friend Gabby gave her a ballerina jewelry box. |
 |
| Hugs for cousin Nikki. |
The kids lined up the chairs in front of the puppet show, waiting for someone to put on a show.
John happily obliged them. He was so funny and Jos loved every minute!
 |
| Giving the Chef a high five! |
 |
| This is why John rocks as a dad! |
At the end of the party, a small group of my family was left. We sat on the patio, talked, ate more cookies and played with bubbles. It was the perfect end to a perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment