Monday, June 10, 2013

Your Birthday Letter

To my baby girl on her 3rd birthday,
At 6:56pm on June 10th, 2010, you came into my life and changed it forever.  I still remember the day you were born and the sleepless nights that came after. I remember how tiny you were and how you never wanted to leave my arms.  Now you are constantly wanting your independence and tell me "I do it myself!" multiple times I day.  I cherish those moments before bedtime, when we sit in your rocking chair and read a book.  When you are curled in my arms like that, I can imagine you are that little baby again.  Even though I want you to stay my baby forever, I'm having so much fun watching you grow and learn and change.  This year you started ballet class and swimming lessons without me by your side.  It was your first taste of true independence and you handled it like you handle everything, with a smile and so much enthusiasm.  You walked right into that ballet class on that first day without even a glance back at me. You made me so proud.  You always have something to say and you never seem to stop asking questions.  I know I may get annoyed with the continuous questions but please never stop asking them and never stop wanting to learn more.  I love how curious you are and that you never seem to be afraid to meet a new person or experience something new. You embrace every little thing life has to offer and I love that about you.  You make me laugh and amaze me every day.  Daddy and I are always saying that our life would be so boring without you and it's true.  You make every single day an adventure and I feel so very blessed to be your mommy!

Love, Mommy
(June 10, 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment