Thursday, September 4, 2014

Joslyn Tidbits

**I'm not doing a monthly update on Joslyn anymore but I still want to remember all the little things she's doing right now.

I decided to grow out her bangs.  She looks a lot more grown up without bangs but you can see her beautiful blue eyes so much better. And I'm having fun coming up with new hairstyles to keep her growing bangs out of her face.



She has become obsessed with wearing dresses. She doesn't want to wear anything else. She'll pick out the dress she wants to wear for the day and then go to the bathroom, with the door closed, to get dressed. It's like she's become a teenager overnight! I had to go buy her a couple more dresses because she kept wearing the same ones over and over again, even wanting to take them out of the hamper when they were dirty. She also borrowed a straw hat from her friend Vivienne to wear to a tea party and she went through a phase for about a week and wanted to wear it every day. Thankfully that phase seems to be over...for now ;)  





Practicing head stands...in a dress.  

She wants to go to Target every week to get a My Little Pony blind bag.  She was asking me about them so much that I told her she had to start doing chores to make money to buy them.  Now she'll do little things around the house, make her bed, pick up Jack's toys, clear her dishes from the table, to get a dime.  Then she'll ask me how many more dimes she needs for a blind bag.  I hear "I hope I can go to Target to get a My Little Pony blind bag" pretty much every day. And now she's started using her friends as an excuse to buy them. "I think Bailey would really like a My Little Pony blind bag for her birthday".  This girl kills me.

Her new favorite thing to do is write letters and wrap presents. John and I get a letter pretty much every day, sometimes multiple letters, and she'll tell me "this one is for Vivienne" or another friend of hers.  We've put a couple in the mail and given out some to her friends when we see them.  Right now, she has 3 gift bags in her playroom filled with presents (usually wrapped stickers) and letters for her friends Bailey, Morgan and Jefferson.  She has gone through 3 rolls of tape in about a month and used a box of my thank you cards. If you come to our house, chances are you'll get an envelope filled with little pieces of paper with tiny drawings on them. Oh and she also loves cutting up pieces of paper with her scissors.   







She also makes little pictures and tapes them up on the walls throughout the house. We have our very own Joslyn Gallery. 

This girl can drive me crazy like no one else but the things she does make me laugh. My life would be so boring without her in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment