Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Moving On Up

In mid-October, we moved to a new house. We looked for a few weeks and pickings were slim for rentals in Lake Forest and I was really worried that we'd have to move to one of the neighboring cities. I hated the idea of leaving Lake Forest because we've made such amazing friends here and I love this city.  Thankfully the perfect house came along!  It's bigger and more updated and in the school zone that we wanted to be in before Jos starts kindergarten next year. I lived in the same house my entire life until I left for college so it's weird for me to think that this is Jos's 3rd house and Jack's 2nd but our family needed more room.  Jack FINALLY has his own room and we have space for all the toys and a space for just the adults too.  It felt like home that first night and that tells me we made the right decision in moving.

There were 3 other applicants for the house so our agent told us to write a letter and include a picture of the kids with Abby. I think these adorable faces sealed the deal :)


Goodbye old house!

Hello new house!


GaGa came to the rescue and came for the week to help with the kids while we moved.  I don't know how we could have done it without her! Moving is stressful enough and that stress doubles with two kids to take care of!

Hanging out in their new back yard!

Of one of the first things I unpacked was all the toys :)

Abby likes the new house too. We have a formal living room now which means she gets a whole couch to herself during the day.

 
My favorite thing about the new house is the open floor plan. I can be in the kitchen and see the kids playing in the family room.  

I look forward to the memories we will make in the new house!


No comments:

Post a Comment