Wednesday, March 10, 2010

26 weeks, 1 day

Another Dr.'s appointment. The only noteworthy thing is I'm up to 142lbs, eek! I blame the Girl Scout cookies. But the annoying thing is the nurse wrote down my weight at my last appointment as 132 (I remember 136) so my Dr. is concerned I gained 10lbs in 4 weeks. She wants me to come back in 2 weeks to check it. I'm not concerned....you can't even tell I've gained weight anywhere else besides my belly. And I know I'm not eating horrible foods. Yes, I have my moments (Samoas ice cream and powdered donettes last week, mmmm) but I don't eat fried foods all day or a lot of food. I'm eating mostly fruit for snacks. We'll see what my weight is in 2 weeks. My blood pressure was fine this appointment so I was happy to hear that. It was a little high last appointment and that concerned me.

Other updates:
  • It was hard to say goodbye to my Avó but good to be with family. John and I are over going to funerals. But we've decided if Baby Z is a girl, we're going to give her two middle names after both our grandmas that passed while I was pregnant, Joslyn Anastasia Maria. I think it's a beautiful name. I went up with my cousins at the rosary and said I was sad my child would never meet her but that I was happy she was at peace and with my Avô. Then I read Footprints, like I did at my Avô's funeral 15 years ago. It was his birthday last week and I imagine they're dancing in heaven. They loved to dance. I'm going to tell Baby Z all about them and how much they sacrificed to give their family a better life. Baby Z was kicking me like crazy the entire time at the rosary, giving me strength. And everyone loved seeing my belly. A few people came up to me, looked at my stomach and guessed boy or girl, mostly boy. We'll see in a few months!
  • I got a cold on Sunday...having a cold while pregnant SUCKS! I miss my Nyquil. I called in sick today to get back to 100%. I'm feeling a lot better, finally getting energy back. But now John's sick. At least he can take drugs :-)
  • Painting started today! The green is up in Baby Z's room and it's PERFECT! I can't wait to see it finished! I hope John feels better this weekend so he can put the furniture together.