It was a short trip but the relaxing getaway I was hoping for! Sometimes it takes me getting away from my house to truly relax because there is always something to do when I'm home and I can't hep doing it. I guess I'm in the nesting phase all the time. We left on Friday night as soon as John got home for work. We were there by 10, started a fire, took a soak in the jacuzzi tub, watched The Soup and then called it a night. In the morning, we finally got a chance to see what was surrounding our little cabin.....watch a gorgeous view from our porch! I'm so happy I decided to book a room at the Pine Knot Guest Ranch! Cabin 20 was the perfect place for our romantic getaway because it's secluded from the rest of the cabins and atop it's own little hill with a gorgeous view of the snow covered hill below and the lake in the distance. Even better, it's in walking distance of the village and the lake! After enjoying the view, we got ready and made our way to Grizzly Manor Cafe for breakfast. Even though I told John we would play everything by ear, I couldn't help doing a little planning and looked up a few restaurants on Yelp. All of the reviews raved about Grizzly Manor Cafe and said it was a must for breakfast. And they were right! We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table but it was worth the wait! They don't go easy on the portions and serve linguica! As soon as I saw "Portuguese sausage" on the menu, I knew I would like this place. After stuffing ourselves, we headed back to our cabin to relax a little. I read and John played video games on his DS. He can't leave home without some type of video game. Once we digested our huge breakfast, we decided to walk down to the village and do a little shopping, with a stop for ice cream :-) John bought a new wallet from a leather shop and we also found a dog store and bought Abby a new collar. When we were done shopping, we walked down to the lake to enjoy the view. One last stop to get coffee and apple cider and then we headed back to the cabin for more relaxation. I finished reading my book (The Girl Who Chased the Moon, so good! I couldn't put it down!) and then we both took naps. After our wonderful nap, we got ready for dinner and headed over to the Peppercorn Grille in the village. It was also a Yelp recommendation but when I called they said it would be an hour wait for dinner. We got lucky and they had a table for two available when we arrived. The service was great and the food was delicious! My favorite was the bruschetta appetizer smothered in mozzarella and parmesan cheese, yum! John was joking all day that everything is bigger in Big Bear and John's gigantic margarita proved his point, lol. We headed back to our cabin and John started a fire, we watched a movie and then took another dip in the jacuzzi tub. We need one of those at home! After a soak in the tub, I slept so well that night! Check out is at 11a so I grabbed my coffee and headed out to the porch to enjoy the view one last time. I also grabbed my knitting needles and worked on my newest project, a dragonfly washcloth for Baby Z. Before I knew it, it was time to hit the road. Our time in Big Bear was short but it was so nice to get away from the city for the weekend! And the best part...I came home to a clean house because I took to the day off on Friday so that I wouldn't have anything to do when we got home.
The part you really care about....pictures :-)
Our little cabin

Jacuzzi tub!


The body pillow comes everywhere with me :-)

The kitchen.....

and dining area

View from the porch

We could see the llamas

I loved the icicles coming off the roof....

I took a lot of pictures of them :-)

28 weeks!


John and I

John's HUGE pancakes at Grizzly Manor Cafe

Linguica and biscuits and gravy, so good!

On our walk to the village


Sitting by the lake

John and his big margarita

Me and the bump enjoying the view on our last morning in Big Bear

Knitting on the porch

Abby showing off her new collar

No comments:
Post a Comment