- Noticed Baby Z is most active between 9 and 10pm but calms down so I can get some sleep.
- John went to the grocery store just to get me samoas ice cream and powdered donettes. He said he likes to see me happy.
- At the rosary and funeral, people kept looking at me and saying it was a boy or girl, mostly boy. It's kind of fun to have people guessing. So glad we're not finding out the sex!
- Baby Z was moving like crazy during the rosary, giving me strength to speak about my Avo. I'm sorry Baby Z will never know her but I will tell him/her all about her...her great laugh and her wonderful cooking. I can hear her now, "You're too skinny, eat something". She would be happy I'm gaining so much weight.
26 weeks (3/9-3/15)
- Dr.'s appointment- up to 142lbs (20lbs total), eek! I blame the Girl Scout cookies. Dr. wants me to come back in 2 weeks to check my weight. John says I look great and to ignore her, LOVE him! Blood pressure was fine this appointment.
- Painting started today. The green is PERFECT!
- My belly has passed up my boobs.
- Crib and dresser are put together, wood blinds are hung and bedding is washed!! When everything was set up, John said, "Now it feels real" and I said, "All we need is the baby!". The room turned out just the way I imagined it! I can't wait to bring Baby Z home!
27 weeks (3/16-3/22)
- Got a great deal for a pregnancy photo shoot in May!
- Signed up for a CPR class and a breastfeeding class
- John came home with the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block", given to him by his co-worker, and explained to me how to quiet a crying baby. I can't help but laugh thinking about video game guys sitting around discussing babies.
- Feeling a lot of movement in the morning now....and hiccups.
- We have way too much fun watching my stomach move. I had some candy (ok, a lot of candy) and Baby Z was going crazy! Felt movement above my belly button for the first time, usually I only feel it below.
28 weeks (3/23-3/29)
- Hello 3rd trimester!...and my first stretch mark, I think. I noticed a faint line running across the bottom of my belly and through the linea nigra.
- Acid reflux is no fun.
- Dr. appointment for a weight check, 143lbs (21lbs total). I only gained 1lb in 2 weeks so Dr. is happy again.
- John put his hand on my belly and Baby Z gave him a big kick that sent John flying to the other side of the couch. It was the first time he felt that much movement!
- Got 12 diaper covers, newborn and small, for free! Now we're all set for the first couple months of Baby Z's life. I put them all away in the dresser last night.
- The cashier at the gas station asked me how far along I was and what I was having. When I told her we aren't finding out, she asked me to turn to the side and then said, "It's a boy". It's weird having complete strangers comment on my baby's sex but it's kind of fun to have people guess.
- Babymoon in Big Bear!
- I love when John talks to my belly, especially when he says in his Darth Vader voice, "I am your father".

Cloth diaper cover stash! I spent $30 total for all of them, mostly newborn Proraps and a few small Bummis. I didn't want to spend much to get us started in case we decide we can't handle it (I have faith we can :-)). Our plan is to use a diaper service at first so they will provide, and wash, the prefolds and all we need is covers to go over them. Once we get the hang of cloth diapering, I'll consider washing them myself. I think I can do a load of laundry every other day. I'm also going to get a few pocket diapers to make it easier for daycare. I'm thinking the Thirsties Duo pockets because you only need 2 sizes through potty training.
All put away! It was fun to put something in the dresser :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment