Saturday, September 10, 2011

Joslyn at 14 Months


- full on walking
- after I was done reading her a story before bed, she put the book back on the shelf and grabbed the Boppy and handed it to me. I guess she knows her bedtime routine!
- wants to be outside all the time.  As soon as she gets up, she goes to the back door and stands there.  She gets mad when we won't let her go outside and tries to grab the doorknob herself.  Thankfully she can't reach it yet!
- if you start singing patty cake, she will clap her hands together and then do the "roll it" part with her hands. She gets a big smile on her face when you start singing the song. 
- puts things around her neck, our clothes, her stuffed monkey, an iPhone charger cord, and walks around the house that way. 
- got a finger prick to test her blood for lead and hemoglobin levels and passed both, no traceable amount of lead in her system.  She cried after and hated the band aid on her finger but was fine after the nurse removed the band aid.
- tries to put her shoes on her feet. Also tries to put our shoes on her feet.
- got her 1st skinned knee.  Fell on the concrete, didn't cry and got right back up. 
- got another tooth on the bottom, 8 total
- moves Abby's bowl holder and sits on the pad underneath. I have no idea why.
- I will do anything and everything to make her laugh. It's the best sound!  Sometimes she does a silent laugh because she's laughing so hard.
- likes bouncing by bending her knees and dipping her butt.  We like to call it her "dropping it like it's hot" dance. 
- loves dried blueberries
- has started to reach for the knobs on the stove.  Guess we'll be getting knob covers soon.
- gets into everything.  We have to keep the door closed to the bathroom because she likes to unroll the toilet paper, take things out of the trash and throw bottles in the tub.
- grabs my car keys, sets of the alarm, laughs and then hands the keys to me to turn off the alarm
- wants to feed herself all the time.  She's getting better with a spoon but still makes a mess when I let her feed herself.
- loves to wash her hands in the sink. If she sees you doing it, she has to do it too.
- drew her 1st picture at daycare (9/1).  I was so excited I ran out to buy her a box of crayons the next time.  Your 1st box of crayons is a big moment!
- plays with her gloworm before she goes to sleep. I will lay her down and then hear the music going off.  Also hear it going off in the middle of the night sometimes. 
- talks in full sentences. It's not in a language we understand but she clearly knows what she's saying. 
- loves "this little piggy".  Wants me to do it over and over again.
- says "bah" for ball and "cah" for car. I think she got a Boston accent from Grandpa and Grandma Z. 
- presses her sippy top onto her tray to get water to come out.  Once she has a puddle, she slams her hand in it.  
- likes to ride on her Little People car backwards
- laughs when I chase her.  She will look at me, run the other way and start laughing even before I start chasing her. 
- wearing 12 months but pants are getting short.  Started wearing 18 month pj's.
- wearing size 4 shoes

14 months!
Hanging out at her friend Juliana's 1st birthday party
She heard some music and started dancing.


She really enjoyed the birthday cake.
She loves bananas.
Playing with tissue paper
Having frozen yogurt with Daddy
She loves her sandbox.
I love her little hands.

She loves being outside!
I'm ready to go outside now.

Playing with her tupperware drawer.
She made pacifier for breakfast.
Riding her car backwards
Mommy's little helper
1st skinned knee
Morning cartoons with Daddy. It's a daily tradition.
Playing in the pool Daddy got her.
Kisses from Abby
Playing in the sandbox with Grandma Sue
Making a glitter bottle with Grandma Sue.
iPad time with Grandma Sue.  She loves an Elmo app.
Taking pictures in her Labor Day dress.
I love this one!
Blowing kisses
Mwah!
More iPad time with Nenna, Grandma Sue and Uncle Darin
I got her a little craft table and a box of crayons.
1st box of crayons!
She drew for a few seconds and then spent the rest of the time
taking the crayons out of the box and putting them back in.
Every meal is messy now that she's feeding herself. 

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute and getting so big!!! When are you back in town? Hope to see you two again soon! xo

    ReplyDelete