Hello my name is Janelle and I'm addicted to Pinterest! Have I talked about this before? Probably just a few million times. I'm sorry. You can complain with my husband about how much I say the word "pinterest". Pinterest is awesome but there is a downside. I see all these things I want to do and I want to do them NOW! Since I can't build my dream house right this minute or paint every room in my house or get rid of every piece of furniture I own and replace it or organize every closet and drawer in my house or get rid of all my clothes and start over, I have to do some of the fun craft projects I find on there. This weekend Joslyn and I made a glitter bottle! I found the project on Pinterest but it came from
here. It's a new take on the glitter wand. Did you have a glitter wand? I sure did and I loved it. And since my daughter LOVES water bottles, I thought this would be the perfect craft project for her. If you have a junk drawer, I would start there for items to put in the bottle. I don't have a junk drawer so I ran to the dollar store to see what I could find.
What you need:
- water bottle (Any water bottle you have lying around. I got a half size water bottle because I thought it would be easier for her to hold.)
- small objects (I used glitter, squishy balls, dice, ribbon, plastic dinosaurs, a couple play rings and paper clips.)
- super glue (hot glue would work too)
What you do with it:
1. Put some water in the bottle
2. Have child put small objects in the bottle, while supervising closely to make sure nothing goes in the mouth. (Joslyn had her pacifier in her mouth most of the time but at one point it came out and she tried to stick some paper clips in her mouth. Good thing I had Grandma Sue here to help because she could supervise while I took pictures and hold the bottles so we didn't have a water spill.)
3. Fill bottle the rest of the way with water. Apply super glue to the inside of the lid of the bottle before screwing on. Let set before giving your child the bottle to play with.
 |
| Hmm, what project are you making me do now, Mom? |
 |
| We showed her how to do it once and then she was off. |
 |
| She really liked the squishy balls. |
 |
| I convinced her to take a break from the balls and add some ribbon. |
 |
| Crafts take a lot of concentration. |
 |
| She didn't want to give up the box of paper clips. |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| Joslyn thought under the seat of her car was the perfect place to store them. |
I keep one in the car to give to her when she's in her car seat and she holds on to it the entire time. I have some items left so I might make one more bottle with rice or sand instead of water. We are flying to San Jose next month and I'm thinking one of these bottles while be the perfect in flight entertainment!
Umm...yes please! Great idea!
ReplyDelete