Since we would be in San Jose for Christmas, we decided to have an early Christmas morning the week before to open gifts as a family. And we told Joslyn that Santa had to come to our house early. Since she doesn't get the whole Santa concept yet, we were more excited for her to wake up in the morning and see her brand new red kitchen than she was....but she had the appropriate 18 month old response, she smiled because we were saying loudly, "do you love your new kitchen?!", got distracted by John recording her with the Flip camera and then played with the kitchen most of the day. SCORE! She also loved opening presents this year. When she was done opening, she signed more and said "moor?". I really love this gift giving while I still get to decide what she gets from Santa. Soon it will be "I want an iPad, Santa" and I'll have to explain Santa's elves don't make iPads :-) John got me great vintage Polaroid camera! I had mentioned it months ago and he remembered. I need to read up on how to use it! And after John gave me no ideas for gifts for him, I saw this
Atari docking station for the iPad in Entertainment Weekly and thought it would be awesome for him. He decided, in theory, it was awesome when he opened it....but then discovered you can only use it with Atari games that you have to buy for 99 cents each. But it was a good thought and he returned it for a game he wanted.
 |
| Santa's elves do not assemble kitchens.... |
 |
| Daddy had to help. |
 |
| Playing to the camera. |
 |
| Do I eat this?! |
 |
| Abby even got in the picture! |
We had pancakes for breakfast and then later that day, we continued the hand/foot print crafts and made a tree!
And then we stared at our pretty tree.
A wonderful Z Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment