This year since Joslyn is at an age when crafts will hold her attention for say 5 minutes I thought it would be a great idea to start a new tradition. I had the perfect plan to make perfect hand print ornaments to give as gifts. I got everything ready...and Joslyn refused to put her hand in the the dough. She wanted to cut out circles instead. So I reminded myself to let her have fun and let go of control and circle ornaments would be cute too, right?
Then I got the ornaments out of the oven after drying them and they did not look like the Pinterest picture. I used kosher salt because that's what I had and I could see the salt granules. I changed plans again and decided I'll paint them all one color and then have Joslyn dip her fingers in paint and then have her fingerprints on each ornament, SO CUTE! But then she had other ideas. She didn't want to just put her finger in the paint. She wanted to use the fun sponge and paint the entire ornament. I took a deep breath, let go of control and let her have at it. I didn't take a picture of the finished product but I can assure you they were not the perfect picture that I pinned months before. But you know what? The recipients all loved them because they were made with a lot of love.
So lesson learned about toddler crafts. Have a plan, throw it out the window and let the kid have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment