Thursday, January 12, 2012

On the 3rd and 4th Days of Christmas

Christmas Eve started early with a walk to Starbucks to meet up with my friend Lisa and her daughter Maya. It was the first of many trips we took to Starbucks to meet up with friends. Jos was happy to run around, drop crumbs everywhere for someone else to clean up and say "hi" to anyone she passed by.  She made herself right at home.  I had a great time catching up with my friend and seeing her adorable daughter who is growing up way too fast! I wish we lived closer so we could do it more often!  Our coffee date was followed up by time with family, lots of presents, our traditional dinner of torresmos (my Mom's best yet!) and once Jos was in bed, my brothers and I went to church with my Mom. I think it was her favorite gift.  

Reading a book with Grandma Sue
See the monkey? It was a gift from Nenna. It plays the song "Dynamite" and Jos played it over and over again while shaking her butt to the music.

Kisses for Nenna.
The stockings were hung.  The hubs is Yanni, long story.
Trying on her slippers from Auntie Lisa and Uncle Eric.
 
There's that monkey again.
Playing school.
Stare down with Mommy's bear.
Oh Lauren, you got an iPad.  I'll show you how to use it.


Hugs for Uncle B, awww!

Playing catch with Great Grandpa. I love this picture.

Cousin Stacey got her cups and a bowl for her kitchen from the Disney Store!

Uncle B got her a USC pillow pet, boo!

She clearly hated it :-)

The ornaments were a big hit.


My brothers, my Mom and I.   
On Christmas Day, we opened gifts at Grandma Sue's house in the morning and then headed over to Uncle B's house for dinner with the uncles and Grandpa V. This is the first year that my brothers and I planned Christmas dinner all by ourselves and made everything. I think we did a great job!  We had quite the spread of tri-tip, crab, mashed potatoes and gravy and the most amazing four cheese mac n cheese!  It was a great end to a wonderful Christmas!
Uncle B brought Hayley over.  You can see Jos was very excited about this.

And Uncle B was happy to make her happy.

Checking out her stocking.

Hey Grandma, did you tell Santa what I wanted?


This $1 cup was the biggest hit in the stocking.

Grandma trying to keep Jos interested in opening her stocking.

Checking out the ornaments with Grandma.


Playing with her new toys with Daddy.

Posin' in her Christmas Day outfit!
She wouldn't wear this hat for most of our trip but as we were leaving, she signed hat so we put the hat on and she kept it on.  This girl will not do anything unless she suggests it first.

We brought her new cars with us to Uncle B's.

Uncle D got her a lawn mower that blows bubbles!

The men talked sports.

And Jos listened at a distance.

with Uncle D

No comments:

Post a Comment