Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Your Birthday Letter

To my baby girl on her 2nd birthday,
At 6:56pm on June 10th, 2010, you came into my life and changed it forever.  We've now had two years together and it keeps getting better!  You have grown and changed so much in the last year.  You have very little baby left in you but you will always be my baby.  This year we moved to a new city and I was able to stop working and spend all my time with you. We explored this new city together and you became my partner in crime, my shopping buddy, my art student.  I have loved every minute! Yes you have challenged me and frustrated me at times but you have taught me patience and have made me realize that making a mess is ok as long as a beautiful memory goes along with it.  I have tried to teach you in the last year but you have also taught me, more than you will probably ever know.  You are saying more words and phrases, you are meeting new friends and tackling new adventures.  You have had some exciting firsts, first trip to Cape Cod and Disneyland, story time at the library, gymnastics classes, swim lessons, your first passport, and so many more.  You love to dance and spend time with other kids and you are strong-willed, funny, kind, independent and have an endless curiosity for the world around you.  Daddy and I are very proud of the little girl you are becoming, even if we want to keep you our baby forever!  I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!

Love, Mommy
(June 10, 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment