Tuesday, July 22, 2014

We Got Ears!

To celebrate the end of the school year and the beginning of summer, and to get in one more visit before our pass was blocked for the rest of the summer, I decided to take Jos and Jack to Disneyland! The main reason I wanted to take Jos was to see the new Frozen pre-parade.  She has wanted to do the meet and greet with Anna and Elsa but the wait time is usually 2 hours plus and there is no way I'm waiting in line that long to see a princess! So I figured seeing them in the parade was the next best thing. I was a little nervous because this was the first time I took both of the kids by myself but it went really well! I explained to Jos before that we wouldn't be able to do as much and she had to be patient because we would have to stop a lot so I could feed her brother but she did really well. I think the key was we started with the Disney Jr show. I was able to feed Jack while she was entertained by the show.  Then I put him in the carrier and he fell asleep for an hour.  I also used a tried and true parenting trick...bribery ;)  I told her if she was patient and a good girl she could get an ice cream. I timed the ice cream treat for right after Jack's little nap in the carrier so she enjoyed her ice cream while I fed Jack in the awesome baby center at California Adventure. They have private rooms with rocking chairs for nursing moms!  We were there for almost 6 hours and there were no meltdowns by either kid.  I call that a win! And it gave me confidence to take them by myself again.

Ready to watch Disney Jr. Live on Stage!

It's Olaf, Anna and Elsa!


Since this was Jack's 2nd visit to Disneyland, I thought it was about time he got his own set of ears!


She loves getting flattened pennies.

We love the baby centers!

Wearing his new ears! Disneyland needs to work on their sizing.  The infant ears are huge on infants!

All of us wearing our ears on Flik's Flyers.


And on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train!

No comments:

Post a Comment