Here's the set I'm planning on ordering but only the cake plates, napkins and favor tags. I will buy other paper products in green and blue to compliment the set.
I found some great deals on Oriental Trading and went a little crazy. But I found some really cute stuff!
We're going to hang this on the garage so all the guests can pose in front of it. It's big, 30 ft by 4 ft. I want to have a picture of everyone at her 1st birthday and I thought this would act as a sort of photo booth. I told John maybe I can get a raft so you can sit on it for the picture, looking like your floating on the water. He gave me the "you're crazy" look but I thought it was a cute idea!
For the tables...I debated buying the plain white ones but I want everything to be colorful and bright. I think I still might do candle centerpieces, glass jars filled with sand and a candle, along with this since I already have glass jars. I'm going to get blue tablecloths for all the tables.
One fish net (you can't pick the color so it will be surprise when I get it) and I plan on hanging Joslyn's monthly pictures of it, and maybe other pictures I love of her from the year.
12 of these tissue fish to hang around inside and outside.
Mini inflatable fish, probably for the food table and anywhere else I want a little decoration
Love these fish picks! I'm going to put them in the sandwiches (if that's what I decide on) or appetizers.
Ordered this with her name. There is a banner that matches the plate/napkin set but this one was WAY cheaper and I don't need everything to be matchy matchy.
Got the matching door cover for the front door and it will say "Happy 1st Birthday Joslyn".
Fish ring suckers for the favors. Still need to get swedish fish or gummy fish for the favors but I couldn't pass these up! I love ring suckers!
The ring suckers, swedish fish or gummy fish and a chocolate sucker (My Mom picked up the CUTEST fish molds so I'm going to make chocolate suckers) will go in these pails. I bought some clear cellophane bags and I plan on putting the buckets in the bag and tying them with a ribbon and putting a tag on them that matches the plates/napkins.
So happy I found this!!!! It's an autograph clown fish that will act as a guest book!
I also have a box of decorations coming to me from my BFF's friend who planned an ocean themed party for her daughter's first birthday and offered to loan me all her decorations. Can't wait to see what she has!
More ideas:
I found this idea online and I really love it. I need to figure out a place to find paper lanterns for cheap. I think this would look AWESOME hanging from our patio cover. They look like jellyfish!
Love the paper lanterns and cupcakes from this party. It's decided....I NEED paper lanterns :-)
I'm pretty much convinced sandwiches are the way to go. My Auntie Edna has a big fish cookie cutter so I can cut all the sandwiches into fish shapes. But I need to find some "fancier" sandwich recipes since there won't be that many kids at the party. Although I do love the "peanut butter and jellyfish" sandwiches in the second picture. Love the color combo in the second picture too and I will probably buy all the utensils, cups and possibly plates in those colors.
Fish and chips! Adorable!
I really like these drink buckets. I found one large bowl at HomeGoods that I'll probably use to hold drinks but maybe I can find some like this for cheap.
I debated doing just a cake or cake and cupcakes but my Auntie Edna reminded me cupcakes are my signature (she's my party planning guru!) and I agree. So my Mom will make an Octopus cake for the top of the tower and then cupcakes will be below. She has a stand like this already so that's taken care of. Still deciding what to put on the cupcakes. They will definitely be frosted with blue icing but what on top? I would love to find sugar fish but I think we could pipe some on too.
Joslyn will get a small fish cake so she can destroy it.
Menu Ideas:
- spinach dip (we can call it seaweed dip!) with cut up bread and veggies
- goldfish party mix, fish and chips
- blue punch with "fish" ice cubes. Put gummy fish in ice cubes. - fish-shaped sandwiches, "sandfishes" (need to find some recipes)
- sea shell pasta salad or sea shell mac n cheese or mac salad with shells
- fruit salad (fruit of the sea)
- tiered pineapple
- use sand shovels to serve salads and plastic bucket at bowls









No comments:
Post a Comment