Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Menu Plan....Tuesday

Tuesday: Stuffed pork roast (another favorite frozen meal from TJ's!) and green beans
Wednesday: Eggplant bake and bread sticks
Thursday: Taco Night
Friday: In-N-Out
Saturday: Bowtie Lasagna from The Pioneer Woman (but I'm using Easter bunny pasta that my Mom gave me) and salad
Sunday: Our 1st family Easter!  Mom V's teriyaki flank steak, Mom Z's potato salad and strawberry shortcake for dessert (Even though we won't be with our families, they are clearly present in our Eater menu!)
Monday: Chicken thighs and broccoli

Joslyn: We're going to try pasta!  I'll top the pasta with a carrot/cauliflower/tomato/cheese mixture I've made before.  I'm also going to make her some spinach and cheese and peas since I have both in my freezer.  And I'm going to try a new finger food. I would rather she eat healthy finger foods than the packaged puffs and yogurt melts I've been giving her.  So I got a package of cut sweet potatoes and I'm going to bake them for her for sweet potato fries, without the salt. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd love your recipe for the Eggplant bake... I'm struggling over here with dinner, big time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I feel like I always make the same things. I got the eggplant bake from an episode of Dr. Oz, very simple and low fat!

    1lb eggplant, cut into 1 in cubes
    2 1/2 tsp olive oil
    1 cup prepared tomato sauce
    1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
    1 1/2 cups shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
    salt and pepper to taste

    Preheat oven to 500. Toss the eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast, tossing occasionally, for 20 minutes, until golden. Reduce the oven to 425. Transfer the eggplant to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Add the tomato sauce and basil and toss to coat the eggplant. Layer the mozzarella on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.

    That's it!

    ReplyDelete