Monday, June 6, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

We decided to head to the Los Angeles Zoo on Saturday to have a fun family outing for John's birthday.  I had never been there before and some people told me not to expect too much but I thought it was a very nice zoo and we had a great day!  John's two requirements were to see the elephants and have a churro.  We crossed both off the list, even if we only saw the elephants from a distance.  Joslyn was the perfect baby the entire time we were there.  As long as she has kids to look at, she's a happy baby.  We saw a couple toddlers throwing tantrums and we were glad we weren't "those" parents...but I'm sure our day will come for that.  Joslyn and John fell asleep in the car on the way home so I think that's a sign of a good time had by all. 


Checking out the koalas.
They were all napping.  What a life!
This is fun!
We stopped for lunch....
and could see the giraffes while we ate.
Here you go, Daddy. I picked it just for you!
I forgot what this animal was called. Half zebra, half donkey??
The lemurs were cute.
John looking at the lemurs hop around.
When the apes passed over the water, they all dipped their hands to take a drink.
We got close to this elephant.
And if you squint, you can see a real elephant.
My two Geminis!
I liked the meerkats.  They like to pose for pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment