Friday, June 10, 2011

Letter to My Daughter

To my baby girl on her first birthday,
At 6:56pm on June 10, 2010, you came into my world and changed it forever.  From the moment I saw you, I knew I would never be the same.  My every thought would be of you first.  My every wish would be that I could give you the life that you deserve. I was filled with so much love from the moment I laid eyes on your beautiful face and saw those amazing blue eyes.  I didn't know it was possible but I loved your Daddy even more for giving you to me.  My love for him continued to grow when I saw him with you. He's such a good Daddy and we are both so lucky to have him.  He would do anything and everything for you and works so hard so we want for nothing.  During my entire pregnancy, I couldn't wait to meet you and become your Mommy.  I couldn't wait to see what you looked like and if you would be a boy or a girl.  I never imagined I'd have a blue eyed, light haired baby girl!  You surprised me from the beginning and I suspect you will continue to surprise me. The last year has been the most amazing, challenging, frustrating, exhausting, exciting and emotional year of my life and I wouldn't change a minute of it!  I have treasured our special moments together, just the two of us. My favorite times have been reading a story to you before bed and then rocking you to sleep.  I could stare at your sleeping, peaceful face all night.  I may have not known what I was doing at times, and I'm sure I'll make many more mistakes, but you never stopped loving me and always gave me a smile.  It's been wonderful to see you grow and change all year and discover the world around you, everything is worth inspecting and exploring.  It's like I'm seeing the world again through your eyes.  I love that you are already becoming an independent little girl.  You definitely let your opinion be known and I hope you continue to do that, even if it makes things hard on us.  You may look like Daddy but you have my personality and that makes me endlessly proud!  We've had many special moments and firsts and I can't wait for all the exciting moments and firsts that are still to come.  You make our world better by just being in it.  Every decision we make, starts with the thought "what is best for Joslyn?" and I promise you we will continue to ask that question.  Thank you for letting me be your Mommy! It's the best job I've ever had. 

Love, Mommy
June 10, 2011

1 comment: