Monday, June 13, 2011

Joslyn Turns 1 Under the Sea!

*Warning: LOTS of pictures ahead!

Joslyn's 1st birthday party was on Saturday and it was all I wanted it to be and more! The decorations and food came out just the way I envisioned!  I could not have done it without my Mom and Auntie Edna.  The party would not have had a cake, cupcakes or food without them!  Joslyn was happy the entire party and it was a great day surrounded by the people that love her!  I could not have asked for more.  I still can't believe our baby girl is 1!

The banner, highchair banner, favor tags and food labels were made by this fabulous Etsy seller!

The amazing Mr. Octopus cake made by my Mom!
John made the sign. He even carved her name on it!

My Auntie Edna placed these gummy fish on the cupcakes with loving care :-)
And of course, Joslyn got her own fish cake!

The favors
One of the centerpieces
Photo net with pictures of her from the year
Loved her high chair banner!
Paper lantern jellyfish!
I put these fish decals on our sliding glass door.  Jos loves them!  I haven't taken them down yet.
The guests signed Nemo

All the food fit the under the sea theme, of course :-)
Spinach and artichoke dip
Goldfish mix and potato chips = fish and chips!
The turkey sandwiches were cut with a fish cookie cutter
Sea shell salad and fruit of the sea (fruit salad)
Blue Kool-aid and I put gummy fish in the ice cubes.
The cool bucket my Mom and I found at HomeGoods was perfect for beers!
The birthday girl! Her dress (made by this Etsy seller) came out perfect!
 It's kind of bunched up in this picture but the octopuses form a "1".
Posing in front of the door sign with Grandma Sue
Giving a high five to Uncle Brian
Saying cheese in our "photo booth" with Uncle Darin. 
John put up an ocean background on our garage and we sat on a raft. 
Cake time!
Timid at first....
but then she couldn't get enough of the frosting!
Look at all these gifts, Mom!
Opening gifts...it took awhile.
Checking out all her new stuff.
She loved her car and didn't want us to stop pushing her in it.
Wearing her panda hat (it's a Giants thing) from Uncle Darin and riding her car from Aunt Lilly and Uncle Manual!
One last gift before bed, a red wagon from Nenna!
Where are we going to put all this stuff?!
Here are all the Snapfish pictures (almost 300!) if you want to see them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You do amazing work and everything turned out so adorable!! Well done! You need to come throw parties at my house! haha

    ReplyDelete