Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Firsts: LACMA

I meant to post this last Friday but time got away from me.  Another sign that Joslyn is growing up way too fast is she doesn't have many "firsts" anymore :(  But we added another first to her list, her first trip to an art museum!  Her very talented Uncle Darin works at the architect firm responsible for the California Design exhibit at LACMA.  Uncle Brian and Grandma Sue were in town for the weekend so it was the perfect excuse to get the family together and have a fun day at the museum!  We met up for brunch beforehand and then headed to LACMA to see the exhibit.  Darin had a role in helping put the exhibit together and it was interesting to go through the exhibit while listening to his stories about how it all came together, and the issues along the way.  And while we were there, we also checked out the Tim Burton exhibit.  It was a little crowded in the Tim Burton exhibit so John took Joslyn and went through it a little faster than I did.  They had a Daddy and daughter bonding experience looking at the shrunken heads from Beetlejuice and John said she tried to grab some of the puppets.  Is it weird that we brought her to an exhibit by the insanely talented and creepy Tim Burton? I don't think so. I think it means we're cool parents! 
This girl loves brunch!
Happy grandma
Mirror fun with the uncles.
I love this picture because of the image in the reflection.  She loves her uncle B!
A rare picture of me and my girl.
She doesn't like to see food go to waste.
Let's go to the museum uncle B!
I didn't bring my camera into LACMA because they aren't allowed in the Tim Burton exhibit but I had my iPhone!
Checking out the Airstream trailer with Uncle Darin.
Playing peek a boo with Uncle Brian
I love this picture!  She has the best uncles!
The original Barbie dream house.

No comments:

Post a Comment