Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pinterest Project

Yes, another one.  I saw this great gift idea on Pinterest and thought, what better birthday gift for Grandma Sue!  What grandma doesn't want a piece of their grandkid's art?!  First, Joslyn worked her finger painting magic. It was her first time finger painting and I didn't know what she would think of it. I put her in just a disposable diaper (no cloth diaper for this because I didn't want her ruining it!), spread a sheet out in the backyard, laid out two sheets of paper and two plastic plates filled with paint and let her do what she wanted.  Daddy helped out while I captured it all on camera.  She had a lot of fun mixing her own colors, painting her body and also managed to get some paint on the paper.  I think I can call her first finger painting experience a success! 

Putting her whole body into it.
One of her works of art.
A true artist mixes her own paint colors.
When she was covered with paint from head to toe,
we decided it was time to stop.
Grandma Sue visited this past weekend and Joslyn helped her open her gift.
I think she liked it.
The finished project!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! I smell a Christmas idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of John picking her up, she is just covered in paint! I bet your Mom loved it!

    Btw, I just pasted part of your cloth diaper post on BC board to help a new mom out. Hope you don't mind ;) I still refer back to your post for help, and Charlotte's been in CD's for 3 months now!

    ReplyDelete