Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Our long weekend was filled with all my favorite things, family, friends, food and fun. We packed a lot into 3 days!

Saturday, I took Jos to her first ever USC football tailgate because my brother Brian and dad were in town and I knew how excited they would be if she was there for the first game of the season!  Even though I'm not a big fan of sports I guess I can't keep my daughter from loving them.  She ate her weight in chips, got to drink Capri Suns, met some new friends, had so much fun with her family and loved the USC marching band. I think she may be a fan of tailgating.  And can I just say the look of pride on my dad and brother's faces as they introduced Jos to their friends and showed her around the campus was worth the hour drive to USC and the $25 we paid for parking :)





We all tried to teach her the V for Victory sign but she didn't think two fingers was enough for all her spirit. She wanted to hold up five.




 Uncle B had a very proud moment showing Jos his name on the 1998 baseball champions plaque :)



Auntie Lauren got her close to hear the marching band!!




Uncle B gave her an even better view.  She LOVED the band!




She had to give one of the band members a high five at the end :)

When we got home from the tailgate, I had flowers waiting for me from John. It was our 12 year dating anniversary on Saturday! We celebrated with a sushi dinner, Downton Abbey and brownies for dessert :)

Then on Sunday I got to do something I love to do.....shopping without a toddler!!!!  It's the best thing in the world, even if I'm just going to the grocery store alone.   And the shopping gods were smiling down on me because I found the CUTEST clothes at Old Navy. I'm very excited about one of my new outfits!
I sent this to my shopping buddy, Carm.
My perfect day ended with John saying that Jos and I can fly to Albuquerque next month to visit my friend Carm and go to the Balloon Fiesta!! I can't properly explain how excited I am about this!!! Carm has been posting pictures of the Balloon Fiesta for years and it's been on my bucket list to see it in person and now it's happening!!  I also can't wait to spend time with Carm.  We are constantly texting, emailing and talking on FB but we live so far apart and have only been able to see each other twice in person.  I hope her husband is ready for us.  We joke that we would be sister wives but neither of our husbands could handle us both.  Poor guy. I think John agreed to pay for me to fy there so Carm wouldn't get any ideas about coming here, lol.  It was the best gift John could have given me!

On Labor Day, we enjoyed a lazy morning together as a family and then had a couple friends over for a BBQ.
Making waffles for daddy.
 


John blew up the kiddie pool.




These potato wedges were so delicious. I will definitely be making them again!







It was the perfect end to a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment