Another Dr.'s appointment....weight is up to 152lbs but again, she didn't mention it. I guess I'm doing ok on the weight gain. My blood pressure was fine. I did ask her about my swollen feet the last 2 weeks. For the first time in my life, I have cankles and it's a challenge to find shoes to wear. Good thing my work dress code is pretty lax and I can wear flip flops every day. She isn't worried about the swelling and said it's normal at this point in pregnancy and probably also aggravated by the warmer temperatures we've been having. So I'll just have to deal with my cankles for the next month and put my feet up when I can. It took awhile for her to find the heartbeat and she kept saying "come on baby". I wasn't worried because I've been feeling movement all morning but I feel better when she can find it right away! She asked me if I've been feeling a lot of kicks and I said yup, and hiccups every day! She said "that's good". John made me look up if frequent hiccups are normal because Baby Z has them every day :-) Baby Z's head is still on my right side. She said if at 37 weeks, the baby has not moved head down then she will schedule a c-section...so we have about 3 weeks. She said that's still plenty of time for the baby to move. I keep telling Baby Z to move for Mommy. But I need to accept that if Baby Z doesn't move, I'll have to get a c-section and be ok with that. It's not what I want but whatever it takes to get Baby Z into this world safely, I'll do it.
Cute thing that happened last night: John and I were sitting on the couch and got on the topic that in 6 weeks or less, we'll have a baby. I think I said something like "aah, it's so close!" and he asked me if I was nervous. I told him no, I'm not nervous about labor anymore and I can't wait to see who has been in me all this time. And he said, "I'm not nervous. I'm excited to have a baby". I had to kiss him for saying that :-) I'm glad he got this new job because being surrounded by so many fathers has really made him excited about becoming a Dad. I can't wait to see him with Baby Z for the first time! It makes me tear up just thinking about it.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment