I can't wait to put it on Baby Z! She said it's a 9 month size so I was very excited I finally had something to hang in the 9 month closet divider :-)
She even put a dragonfly on it!
After brunch, John and I went to Samy's Camera because they were having a sale on the Canon T1i and were charging no sales tax. John finally agreed to buy me an SLR camera when I told him it would count as my push, anniversary and birthday present. He knew that was too good of a deal to pass up. I originally had my mind set on the XSi model but John found out the T1i had HD video capabilities and wanted to get that one. Yup, it took me awhile to convince him to get a camera and then he insisted on getting the more expensive model. Who am I to argue with him?! :-) Unfortunately, Samy's was all out of the T1i but John saw the opportunity to get an even better deal and asked if they would sell us the floor model. They agreed and knocked off another $50! So we saved $100 (it was already on sale for $50 off) and didn't have to pay sales tax. I love my new camera but it's even sweeter because we got an awesome deal! We headed back home so I could get pretty for my pregnancy photo shoot. I had this idea to get my pregnancy pictures taken on the same beach we had our wedding pictures taken so we met up with the photographer in front of Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica. I couldn't convince John to take pictures with me but I did manage to get his hands in a couple pictures. I had to get a "hands on the belly" picture! While I was having my picture taken, John played with my new camera. I'm the one who wanted it but John loves playing with a new toy. I had 3 people taking my picture and I got a few weird glances from people passing by. It felt a little like I was being followed by paparazzi. It was a really windy day and the sun made me squint but I'm hoping she got some good shots. I'll see in a couple weeks! She's going to send me a link to the album and then I get to choose 25 of my favorite pictures that she'll put on a CD for me.
A couple of John's pictures

Casa del Mar, where we had our wedding reception


I dropped John off at home and then drove to Koreatown for my friend Greg's 30th birthday dinner. I was exhausted and I would have liked to just sit on the couch the rest of the night but I couldn't miss his 30th birthday party. I also have to enjoy all the night's out I can before Baby Z gets here. Dinner was at a Korean BBQ restaurant and the food was really good. The cake for dessert was even better! It was a delicious white cake topped with fresh fruit from Porto's, yum! It was good to spend a night with friends and I also got to meet Greg's new niece. She is a month old and absolutely adorable! Of course, Greg's sister had to give me a few pointers on being a new parent but I'll take any advice I can get. The rest of the group was going to Karaoke but I told Greg that I needed to call it a night. My feet felt like the were going to explode they were so swollen and I just needed to lay down. I headed home, watched Parenthood and then called it a night. I tried to take it easy today but I can't sit around with a dirty house so I had to clean first. John helped me out and cleaned the bathroom and mopped the kitchen. Then I headed to Target to pick up a few things and forced myself to relax for the rest of the day. The weekend went by in a blink of an eye and now it's back to work tomorrow. I'm already counting down to the start of my maternity leave. June 11th cannot come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment