Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baby Shower #2!

My wonderful BFF Lisa threw me another baby shower yesterday for my LA friends and co-workers. My Mom also flew down for the weekend to attend. It was another excuse to buy something for Baby Z :-) Lisa did such a great job with the planning, like I had any doubt she would plan the perfect shower, and her husband picked up the most beautiful flowers for the tables. I took one home and now I have pretty flowers brightening up my house. The food was delicious, yummy tacos with homemade salsas, beans, rice and cupcakes and berry cobbler for dessert! It was fun to introduce my Mom to my co-workers and friends she had never met before. She also got to meet Lisa's Mom for the first time. It was a great day surrounded by people I care about.

Lisa's husband, Alex, hard at work in the kitchen :-)


My Mom and BFF Lisa


Concentrating on the games


Francesca won an apron

Lil handing me my gifts


My co-worker Pat couldn't resist buying girl outfits. I told Francesca she can have them if Baby Z is a boy, lol. They are really cute! This is a ballerina onesie complete with a tutu! She also gave me a copy of Goodnight Moon. The one book missing from Baby Z's collection!


Lisa gave me the CUTEST bookends....a J and a Z!


Mom gave us the Baby Bjorn...so John can be a hip Dad :-)

I LOVE overalls! I had my first baby dream last week and it was a boy wearing overalls.


With my Fox ladies

With my LJ and LMU ladies


Today has been a very relaxing day. My Mom doesn't want me to do anything but put my feet up and relax. She made us breakfast and then we all went to Target and Babies R Us to make some exchanges and buy what we need before Baby Z's arrival. The most important thing was an extra car seat base for John's car. John installed the car seat today in both of our cars and I have an appointment with the CHP on Thursday to see if he did it right. His car has the LATCH system so it was very easy to install. I'm just happy to know it fits...he has a GTI so the backseat is tiny! We grabbed lunch and then came home and my Mom got to work making spaghetti sauce and meatballs to freeze. She made me sit down while she did all the work. She's also making peach cobbler for dessert! I like having my Mom around :-) My brother Darin is coming over for dinner, spending the night and then I'll take them both to the airport tomorrow morning before I go to work. Darin is going to New Orleans for a few days and Mom is heading home...but she'll be back soon for Baby Z's birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment