Thursday, May 27, 2010
37 weeks, 3 days
Well we had an exciting afternoon. It started out with a regular Dr.'s appointment. My blood pressure was a little high so my Dr. wanted me to go to Little Company for some tests....and freaked me out by saying I might need to get a c-section that night if the blood pressure stayed high. Luckily, John works a block away from my Dr.'s office so I called him and off we went to the hospital. I was freaking out, and started getting upset, but John was completely calm. He told me later he was nervous but I couldn't tell. He made me feel at ease, like nothing was wrong and everything would be fine. They monitored the baby's heartbeat and my blood pressure for an hour and according to the nurse, my blood pressure was "really good" and the high blood pressure may have just been a fluke. They ran blood tests and had me pee in a cup again (even though I had just did it at the Dr.'s office) and all came out fine. Phew! No c-section for me today....but my Dr. has put me on bed rest as a result. No going back to work and I'm stuck on the couch. I was a little stressed about how things are going to get done at work (the assistant's last day is today because she's off for 2 weeks to get married) but John reminded me that should not be on my mind. I need to take care of myself and Baby Z. I called my boss and he was very understanding. So I go back to the Dr.'s office on Tuesday to check my blood pressure again. If it's ok, then we'll keep the c-section at 39 weeks...or June 8th. She didn't schedule it at my appointment today because she thought I might have to have it tonight. I'm just glad it didn't happen tonight because I was not ready! I'm going to do nothing at all if it means keeping Baby Z in there a little while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my! I'm glad everything turned out alright! It's great that John has such a calming effect on you; you guys are going to be great parents! And SOON!! (but not too soon :)
ReplyDelete