Wednesday, May 19, 2010

36 weeks, 2 days

Another Dr. appointment. Weight is up to 154lbs and blood pressure is fine. The most upsetting news is Baby Z is breech. Baby Z was transverse (sideways) my last appointment and now breech. Hospital policy is to schedule a c-section at 39 weeks so that's what's going to happen unless this baby stops being stubborn and moves. I know there is a small chance of that happening but I've pretty much given up hope. Baby Z seems pretty comfortable where he/she is. I'm trying not to be upset about having a c-section because there isn't much I can do about it. I know in my head the most important thing is Baby Z getting here safely but I'm still upset. It's not what I want or imagined. She hasn't scheduled the c-section yet but I'm guessing she will at my next appointment. I'll be going every week from now on. She did say she doesn't want me to do anything that can bring on labor, so sex is out and no strenuous activities, and she wants me to go to the hospital right away if I have any contractions and tell them the baby is breech. I guess Baby Z thinks I've had it too easy this pregnancy and wants to give me something to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment