Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I could not have asked for a better Mother's day.  I spent two wonderful days with the two people I love most in the world! I felt loved and truly blessed to be a mom to the most amazing little girl.

Since last Mother's Day was a bust, we decided to start the celebrating early with a drive over to Balboa Island for brunch on Saturday since it was such a gorgeous day.  Well I decided and the hubs agreed because he knows a happy wife equals a happy life  ;)  After brunch we walked down to the water and then went into some of the adorable shops on the main street.  Joslyn wouldn't leave the toy store without a stroller and a doll (we gave in pretty easily because she looked so darn cute pushing it) and John and I were happy because there was a vintage candy shop!  It was a perfect morning and reminded me why I'll never leave California. You can feel like you're on vacation when you're only 15 minutes away from your house!

I love my family!
I could not love these two more.







Sunday included breakfast made by the hubs, 2 hours of shopping all by myself at Old Navy and Target (a very rare treat!), a trip to the park, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and shredded beef tacos (also made by the hubs) for dinner.  Perfect end to the perfect weekend!

My Mother's Day gift, one says John with our wedding date inside and the other says Joslyn with her birth date inside.  I'm now wearing them stacked with my wedding ring because I love them so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment