Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Family Binder

I've been wanting to make a family binder for awhile. I pinned a bunch of ideas on Pinterest and now it was time to finally sit down and put it together. I realized that if we left Joslyn with a babysitter we didn't have a list of emergency numbers written down or the address to the closest urgent care center.  This hasn't been a problem before because we've only left her with family but now that she's older, I think I'm ready to let friends watch her and I want them to know where to go if they need a number in an emergency.  And now we have it!  All the important information to run the Z house is in one binder.  This will also come in handy if we ever decide to leave Joslyn alone for *gasp* longer than a few hours :)  I of course still have a few things I want to add (a copy of Joslyn's medical card is on the list) and I'm sure I will tweak it here and there as I use it more but I'm just happy I got it started!  I got most of my ideas and printables for the binder from this blog but I tweaked some of the printables to fit our family and added some of my own.

Here's a breakdown of the Z family binder:
Front section:
- list of important names and numbers
- a babysitter information sheet that we will fill out before we leave Joslyn with a babysitter
- address book
The rest of the binder is broken down into 6 sections:
1. Calendar: My daily schedule/to do lists, a print out of the calendar from my phone and a list of birthdays/anniversaries.
*I'm still perfecting the monthly calendar since I write things down on our wall calendar in our kitchen and also on my phone, mostly because I can easily add MOMS club events to my phone calendar from the meetup.com app. I need to get better about making sure everything goes on one calendar.
2. Cleaning: My friend was nice enough to share her yearly cleaning calendar with me. It's awesome!  It's a realistic schedule that I have stuck to for two weeks so far.  Some days I don't do anything so the next day I make up for it but I like it because if I have a few free minutes, I can look at the list and see what needs to be done.  And I don't feel like I'm cleaning all day every day.
3. Projects: A running project list, MOMS Night Out ideas, ideas in my head for blogs or other things I want to research (trips, nights out, etc) and a list of gift ideas.
4. Budget: Our monthly budget and any extra things we want and how much money we need to save for them.
5. Joslyn: Her daily schedule, a list of illnesses/medications and a list of her vaccinations and reactions, if any.  I also have an authorization for treatment of a minor form in this section.
6. Abby: Of course our loyal dog gets her own section too.

I can't show a lot of the pages since there is personal information on them but here is a glimpse into the Z Family Binder.


My daily calendar.  I list my daily chores, what's for dinner
and then a space to add post-it notes for extra to-dos that come up.  
Running project list.

Joslyn's daily schedule.

Cleaning schedule.  
It feels good to finally be organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment