We flew out late Friday night. I brought my Mom with us because I wanted her to see the Cape and I needed help with Joslyn on the plane. John has a fear of flying and takes a happy pill so he passes out the entire flight. I wasn't spending 5+ hours on a plane with Joslyn on my own! I have done a 1 hour flight with her multiple times by myself but 5+ hours is a whole other ballgame. I was hoping she would fall asleep as soon as we took off since it was a late flight but it didn't work out that way. She slept maybe 2 1/2 hours on the way there. Luckily, my Mom came armed with her iPad and got a few kid friendly apps before we left that kept her entertained. I think the problem was she can't get comfortable on the plane so she doesn't sleep. She wants to stretch out and not be confined to my arms. But my Mom and I were a great team and were able to keep her happy for most of the flight. I didn't have to be one of *those* Moms with a crying baby the entire flight. We landed in Boston bright and early, got our rental car, stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and donuts (a must when we land in Boston!) and were on our way to the Cape! Joslyn slept the entire drive there so she was well rested when we got there and didn't want to take another nap. Grandma Rita kept her entertained so the rest of us could get a little sleep. After we were all rested and my brother-in-law Paul, sister-in-law Michelle and niece Fiora arrived, we headed to the neighbor's pool. Paul is so much more than a neighbor. We call him my mother-in-law's house husband because he helps her with everything and he makes it known the pool is always open for us. We were anxious to see what Joslyn thought of the pool since she had never been in one before. She was a little cautious at first but soon she was splashing and having fun with her pool toys! She's a water baby! I see some Mommy and Me swim lessons in our future. Soon it was time for dinner, a bath and then bed for Joslyn. I was shocked she was in such a good mood all day since she got very little sleep. She fell asleep easily that night but then woke up around 10p and didn't want to go to sleep until almost 1am. I think she was over exhausted and that causes sleep problems for her. But after a couple nights of waking up, she slept really well for the rest of the week and adjusted well to the time change. The funny thing is she never likes to cuddle in bed with us at home but we were sleeping in my in-laws' king bed and she loved cuddling in bed and fell asleep a couple times laying with us. I guess she needs more space :-)
![]() |
| Passed out in the car. |
![]() |
| Ahh, Dunkin'! |
| It's like a big bath tub. I think I like it! |
| Grandma Rita got her this cool floaty thing. She only wanted to go in it the first day. |
| Pool fun with the family! |
| Me and my water baby! |
| The beautiful hydrangeas in my mother-in-law's front yard. They are everywhere on the Cape! |
| Grandma Rita got her the cutest bath towel for her house! |


No comments:
Post a Comment